Long term objective
Reduce the environmental degradation and develop a methodology, which can be used in similar areas and situations
Short term objectives
- Reduce the use of firewood by introducing more sustainable energy technics, energy saving stoves, solar stoves and biogas
- Reforestation in the project area and Increase the food production
- Advocate for the methodology to leaders of relevant institutions and organisations
- 50% of the families in the project area have built energy saving stoves, are using homemade briquettes or are taking advantage of solar stoves or biogas
- 50% of the families have planted trees around their houses and at the fields where they grow vegetables.
- All Farmer Field Learning Groups have planted trees on their fields.
- All farmers have intensified the growing of vegetables and basic food
- The relevant leaders have decided to use the methodology in order to reduce the environmental degradation in areas with similar challenges
Training will be in
- Tree nurseries
- Tree planting (mainly fruit trees around the personal household plots, at the area cultivated by the farmer field groups. Wood logs with fast growing trees at the host community land)
- Energy saving stoves and basket cooker/flask. Lorena and Shielded Fire Stoves, which can produced locally.
- Solar Stoves construction
- Briquette making
- Food security, especially growing of vegetables. Organic farming, breading of small animals, nutrition, storage. Family Planning, Formation of Farming Field Learning Groups ( FFLG ).
- Biogas installations e.g. at schools, health centres should be considered. Not an alternative at household level as they are living in small “isolated” households without animals.
- The training will include 30 members from each village in Zone 1
- Greenhouses will be made available to the farmer field groups. Eventually also to the FFLGs.
Around 300 TOT’s have been trained and a demonstration centre has been opened in Zine 1
DRC (Danish Refugee Council) and DCA (Danish Church Aid)
UNHCR, DCT, DCA. Comments are not needed.
CIDI Community Integrated Development Initiative, which is a very competent NGO with long experience within the field.
Granted: DKK 486.000